Use Photoshop to create the silky water effect. You can photograph in broad daylight without using neutral density filter using this incredible and easy technique!
Taking the photographs
- Find a spot with moving water.
- Camera on Tripod
- Put your camera in continuous drive mode.
- Camera in manual. Meter to Zero. My settings were ISO100, SS1/100, F/8.0.
Your settings will vary.
- Focus about 1/3 of the way in for best results in landscape photography.
- After focusing, put your lens in manual focus so that the focus won’t change.
- Take about 30 pictures.
Load the pictures into Photoshop
- File – Scripts – Load Files into Stack
Add open files, check off both boxes
- On the top menu
Layer – Smart Objects – Stack Mode – Mean
Photoshop will blend the layers into a beautiful image!
~Peggy Farren is the founder of Understand Photography Training Center, where “We Simplify the Technical!”.