- Did your Lightroom Classic catalog get corrupted? Joe Fitzpatrick shows us how to restore your catalog from a backup in this short video. He also teaches how to find it on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Locate the backup catalog. Default backup folder location is:
Windows: \Users\[user name]\Pictures\Lightroom\[catalog name]\Backups\
Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Pictures/Lightroom/[catalog name]/Backups\
- If you have stored the backups in another location and don’t remember where do a search for lrcat orzip
- When you have located the Backup folder open it and select the most recent backup.
- Unzip the file by double clicking it, Mac, or right clicking and choosing extract all, Windows.
- Copy the unzipped catalog file to the folder that contains the corrupted catalog file, replacing it.
- Double click on the file to open Lightroom.
If you are enjoying our Tuesday Photo Tips, please subscribe to our Youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/understandphotography
Comments are encouraged and suggestions for new topics are welcome!