Lightroom Classic – Crop Tool Secrets
Speed up your Lightroom editing workflow with these simple tips on the crop tool. Joe Fitzpatrick really simplifies Lightroom!
- Tapping the R key takes you to the crop tool from either the Develop or the Library Module.
- The Padlock icon locks to the current aspect ratio when closed and allows for an unrestricted crop when open.
- Holding down the ALT key on a PC or OPT key on a Mac keeps the image centered while cropping.
- Tapping the letter O key cycles through the available crop overlays
- Holding down the SHIFT key while tapping the O key flips non-symmetrical overlays.
- Overlays to be displayed can be selected by clicking on TOOLS in the top toolbar, selecting Crop Guide Overlay, then selecting Chose Overlays to Cycle.
- Tapping the L key makes the area surrounding the crop semi-opaque. Pressing the L key a second time fully conceals the area surrounding the crop. The crop tool remains active. Pressing the L Key a third time returns you to normal view.
If you are enjoying our Tuesday Photo Tips, please subscribe to our Youtube channel:
Comments are encouraged and suggestions for new topics are welcome!