Lightroom Classic 5 Hidden Features
- To crop an image equally from all sides hold down the ALT (PC) or OPT (Mac) key while dragging any corner or edge of the image.
- When giving star ratings to images using the number keys turn on the caps lock key. With caps lock on you will automatically advance to the next image after rating an image.
- Luminance noise is easier to see when color is removed from the image. Holding down the ALT (PC) or OPT (Mac) key when using the luminance noise reduction provides a black and white rendition of the image.
- By default, Lightroom applies sharpening to the entire image. The sharpness masking tool restricts the areas sharpened. To see what areas are being masked, hold down the ALT (PC) or OPT (Mac) key when using the masking slider. White areas are sharpened. Black areas are not.
- Holding down the SHIFT key when applying the graduated filter locks it to a horizontal or vertical position.
Joe Fitzpatrick is one of that rare breed of photographers who possesses both a vast array of technical knowledge and the ability to communicate it in clear, simple terms. Joe is the type of person who needs to know how everything works. If he doesn’t know, he’ll figure it out! And then he’ll simplify it so that the rest of us can understand!
Joe focuses primarily on nature photography; landscapes and birds. He is the Lightroom expert in our area.
Joe is also an amazing street photographer.