Peggy Farren interviews wildlife photographer Judy Lynn Malloch. Judy shares her insights about starting a photography hobby, then business at the age of 60. Thanks for tuning into episode #73 of The Understand Photography Show!
Watch the video replay
The show is now available as a podcast on iTunes!! Please do us a HUGE favor and leave us a rating and review! We are trying to reach more photography enthusiasts on iTunes. Your help makes a huge difference!
To hear this episode as a podcast on Soundcloud, click here:
Understand Photography General Notes
Florida’s Forgotton Coast – Apalachicola area April 16-20, 2018 – sign up for the waiting list!
“If we honor nature, we get something back in return.”
About Judy Lynn
– Took up golf at age 50
– Took up photography at age 60
– Learned photography through reading and practicing
– Loves to capture the emotions of her subjects
– Now leads photo tours with her husband to Africa, Central and South America
– Favorite lens – Nikon 300mm f/2.8 with a BushHawk to help carry it!
“Learn through the journey.”
How to Get Started as a Photographer
– Narrow down the field you want to focus on
your field will determine the gear you should start with
having a niche will help get your name out there
– Research! The internet has amazing resources for learning!
– Keep trying new things!
– Never give up! Don’t expect too much from yourself in the beginning – even the professionals had to start somewhere.
– Practice – if you love it, it won’t be work.
– Be PATIENT.
– Go where the light is. Start with good light and a good background. Stay. Wait. Something great may show up.
– For wildlife photos, set camera on continuous mode – the camera’s stop-motion can catch more than your eye.
– Enter contests!