- From any module, click on EDIT in the top toolbar if you are on a PC. Click on LIGHTROOM if you are on a MAC.
- Select CATALOG SETTINGS from the drop down menu.
- Then click on the GENERAL tab if it is not already open.
- Under INFORMATION you will see the location of the active catalog and its filename.
- Clicking on the SHOW button will open FILE EXPLORER, FINDER if you are on a Mac, to the location that contains the folder that contains the catalog, previews, and other files needed by Lightroom.
- You can also find catalogs using the search function in Windows File Explorer or Mac’s Finder.
- Open File Explorer or Finder,
- click on This PC or This MAC
- enter LRCAT into the search box. Your operating system will find all catalogs on your machine.
Keep in mind that the catalog contains the information about your photos such as location on your computer, filename, edits, and ratings. It does not contain the actual images which are stored separately on your computer. The catalog only the data about the photos.