Thanks for tuning into episode #45 of The Understand Photography Show!
To watch the video replay now, watch it now on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVm7T4FHcIE
The show is now available as a podcast on iTunes!! Please do us a HUGE favor and leave us a rating and review! We are trying to reach more photography enthusiasts on iTunes. Your help makes a huge difference!
To hear this episode as a podcast on Soundcloud, click here:
Understand Photography General Notes
Apalachicola April 2018. Details coming soon!
Join our our Meetup website.
Show Notes for Episode #45: From Sand to Snow, Photographing Wildlife with Mary Goetzinger
Nature photographer specializing in birds and wildlife.
Started playing with photography as part of high school yearbook club.
Started shooting birds with a Nikon in 2010.
Favorite weekend shooting spots
– Ft. Myers beach – Least Terns, Snowy Plovers, Wilson’s Plovers
– Little Estero lagoon
– Bowditch point
– Keys (good for landscapes and iguana pictures)
– North Cape Coral, Festival Park – bald eagle, great horned owls, scrub jays
How to find hatchlings
– Friends share info about locations as well as Audubon Society
– April/May – time for burrowing owl chicks
– May/June – time for shorebird chicks
*Use a short tripod (12”) or a skimmer pod to keep the camera close to the ground for a better angle for hatchlings. Be patient! You may have to lay flat on the sand for 30 minutes for the chicks to return to the nesting site after their initial scare of you wandering in.
Favorite wildlife photography trips
– Smoky Mountains/ Cade’s Cove
– Northern Minnesota – black bears with Bill Lea (see interview
See you next week for episode 46!
If you are enjoying the show, please leave us a review on our Youtube account, Facebook fan page or iTunes podcast account. Reviews really help us a lot!