Two-time guest Edin Chavez talks about growing your audience using Facebook. Creating groups and pages to increase your following, ideas for interacting, ads, Facebook pixel and more. Edin has a huge following on social media and shares many of his great ideas.
*Please scroll to the bottom of the post for more images from our guest.*
Facebook Marketing Strategies with Edin Chavez
Personal, Business, or Groups?
- You need a personal page to start, but you cannot advertise here.
- You need a business page to create ads and direct people to your website to sell your services or products.
– Important for marketing.
– The algorithms restrict visibility of posts so that only 2% of the people that like your page end up seeing your posts. – UNLESS YOU PAY FOR ADVERTISING.
- You can use groups to connect and communicate with more people.
– This is where you can share others’ work and help them gain exposure.
– It also helps to direct traffic to your personal page and website.
– Rules apply: no advertising or self-promotion.
- Creating one can be easy. Take it step by step.
- Facebook Pixel – a cookie tracker for ads that gives you feedback on what’s working for you.
- Campaign – conversion or traffic? Conversion is the choice for taking people to your website for selling products.
- Ad Set – allows you to choose a specific audience. Use the meter to determine how many groups to target. (Edin uses about 30 directives.) Don’t allow FB to choose your audience for you.
- Ad – Can be tricky – be sure to read through ALL of the rules.
– Titles and phrases cannot sound like SPAM. Use of numbers is prohibited!
– Use a superior photo, carousel of images, or video (short, sweet, and to the point).
– You need a catchy hook to draw people in.
– Don’t use a lot of type – people don’t want to read through extensive paragraphs.
– Link to you page to collect emails and sell products
– Suggest starting with $5/day. Monitor hits via FB Pixel. Is it doing well? Add more $.
- Not getting the traffic you want? Try tweaking your landing page. If need be – HIRE a copywriter from somewhere like Fiverr.com
Listen to the Understand Photography Show on iTunes:
To leave us a review (we’d REALLY appreciate it!), click on LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS, then OPEN IN iTUNES.
What you need to learn for a solid photography education. Watch our free video:
Tuscany Ladies Photo Workshop and Tour –
Sept 28 – Oct 5, 2019
Ladies Luxury African Photo Safari and Tour
Sept. 19-30, 2020
Gear Recommendation of the Week
Compact and lightweight—an outstanding walk-around lens Canon’s EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is a great entry into the world of EOS prime lenses. With an 80mm effective focal-length on APS-C cameras, 50mm on full-frame cameras, it’s an excellent prime lens for portraits, action, even nighttime photography. Its bright maximum aperture of f/1.8 helps it not only to excel in low light, but also to capture gorgeous, sharp images and movies with beautiful background blur thanks to its circular 7-blade design.
Florida’s Best Photo Spots!
Understand Photography is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.