On and Off Camera Flash with a Model – Sunset Portraits
January 18, 2020 @ 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm$99.00 – $129.00
practicSpeedlights off and on camera.
If you have a pop up flash on your camera you will also enjoy this workshop but it’s really geared toward speedlight users.
Prerequisite – you must be comfortable shooting in the manual setting on your camera. Please take our Shoot in Manual class first.
We’ll start at Understand Photography studio really learning and practicing with our flashes, then head over to the beach for a photoshoot with a model. Please register as early as possible!
• Basic Speedlight instruction.
• Using speedlights on camera. Balancing the light.
• Shooting with your flash in the manual mode.
• Using speedlights off camera.
• Triggers. How do they work? Which ones to buy? What’s the difference between IR and RF triggers? Which are better and why?
We will start with a two-hour class in the studio before heading to the beach to practice what we’ve learned with a model.
• DSLR or equivelant camera with a fully charged battery
• Speedlight, if you have one. If not, your pop-up flash will do.
• Fully charged and extra batteries for your speedlight
• As always, bring your camera and speedlight manuals.