- This event has passed.
Four Weeks to Proficiency in Photography Hands-On Naples
January 15 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$297.00
We have another class beginning February 11:
The Four Weeks to Proficiency will give you a solid photography education in a short time.
This hands-on photography class in Naples, Florida will give you an understanding of photography concepts and how to apply them to YOUR camera.
Instructor Peggy Farren really simplifies and shows you STEP by STEP how to use your camera. She has a great way of explaining the technical aspects of photography so that even right brain creatives can understand it.
Please note this is a class for users with DSLR, bridge and mirrorless cameras that shoot in the manual setting. Not sure if you have one? Scroll down.
Bring your camera and manual
The course includes:
- Week One: Shoot in Manual – We’ll get you shooting in the Manual setting in just two hours. This has been our most popular workshop since the start of Understand Photography Training Center.
You won’t believe how simple exposure is! You’ll have a surge of confidence after this first class.
- Week Two: Composition – The Most Important Class you’ll take to Improve Your Photography! Everyone thinks they understand the Rule of Thirds but we find that they really don’t. Learn where your eye naturally goes and how to use leading lines, power points, negative space, color and more to make a more pleasing image.
In this workshop, you’ll learn why you are not winning competitions with your images – it’s almost always a composition issue! We teach some basic posing in this class as well. Posing just means you are helping someone look their best. It shouldn’t be grueling or stiff. Learn the simple techniques to make your subjects look great!
- Week Three: Lighting Essentials – Do you love natural light? So do we! Learn how to take great pictures in natural light. Open shade, add dimension, use reflectors, additive and subtractive light. However, natural light is not practical at all times. Learn to use your flash to create natural looking light when needed. The principles are the same for both pop up flash that comes with your camera and a speedlight.
Flash can be complicated. We simplify it.
- Week Four: The Technical Class – Don’t worry! You’ll be ready for this workshop!
Metering Modes, White Balance, Drive Modes, Focal point, focus modes and more! We do our best to make the technical stuff easy to understand!
Wednesdays 6-9 pm January 15, 22, 29 and February 5, 2020
Classes are held at Understand Photography Studio.
We designed the course with all the necessary things you need to know, and skipped a lot of the extras.
We want you to gain confidence in shooting in manual and really understanding exposure and the basics. With a solid foundation, you’ll be taking fabulous photographs in just a few short weeks!
Once you have a strong foundation, EVERYTHING else will come so easily for you! I’ve watched so many photographers struggle for years, just because they never got a good understanding of the important basics. You can do this! We work really hard to keep thing simple!!
Founder and Instructor
(Check out my site at www.naplesportraits.com)
In business since 2001.
Please note we offer this as an online class as well. Many students choose to do both the hands on and online course. You’ll receive a substantial discount on the online class if you choose to do this. Just let us know.
Scroll down to register.
PLEASE BE SURE YOU HAVE A CAMERA THAT SHOOTS IN THE MANUAL SETTING BEFORE REGISTERING FOR THIS WORKSHOP!
1. If your lens does not come off, you do not have a DSLR. You may still be able to take this class if you are positive your camera can shoot in the manual setting.
2. If you are unsure, please email Peggy at [email protected] with your make and model number and she can verify.
DSLR and mirrorless cameras pretty much all work the same and therefore we can offer a group workshop. Some bridge cameras are similar to DSLRs so please inquire if you have one.
Photographer, instructor and speaker.
Peggy Farren is an award winning, professional photographer, author, instructor and speaker. She’s been interviewed and featured on TV and in many national and local publications.
Peggy is the host of The Understand Photography Show, where we teach about travel, nature and fine art photography. Subscribe to our Podcast or Youtube channel for new videos every Tuesday and Saturday!