Composition – The Best Class You’ll Take to Improve Your Photography
January 22, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$79.00 – $99.00
Let’s face it – some people have an eye for composition and some don’t. Learning the “rules” of composition will help you think each picture through before hitting the shutter button. Once you learn the “rules” you can break them!
Take it from the judges of photo competitions: Most images don’t merit because of glaring composition errors!
This is class #2 of the Four Weeks to Proficiency in Photography. Take all four classes or take them one at a time.
Students will look at some basic composition techniques that will dramatically improve their images. By applying one or more of these composition rules, your photos will go from looking amateurish to professional. You will also understand why some of the previous images taken work so well and why you and other people like them so much.
This class is very interactive and includes lots of examples to help students absorb the information through repetition.
We examine a variety of genres, including location portraits and street photography, landscapes and cityscapes, and static and action scenes.
• The Rule of Thirds
• Working the Lines in Your Photography (how to use horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines)
• Finding Fresh Angles to Shoot From
• Photographing People
• Getting Horizons Horizontal
• Getting Images Straight
• Fill Your Frame
• Creating Negative Space for Impact
• Getting Backgrounds Right
• Framing Your Shots
• How to Use Converging Lines to Enhance Your Photography
• 4 Rules of Composition for Landscape Photography
• Breaking the ‘Rules’ of Composition
No camera needed for this class. Bring a notepad and pen to take notes.