Please scroll down for the show notes.
The show is now available as a podcast on iTunes!! Please do us a HUGE favor and leave us a rating and review! We are trying to reach more photography enthusiasts on iTunes. Your help makes a huge difference!
To hear this episode as a podcast on Soundcloud, click here:
Understand Photography General Notes
Check our Meetup site for more information.
New Book! Peggy Farren and Joe Fitzpatrick have published a book highlighting Florida’s best photo spots!
Find it here on Amazon!
Documentary Photography & Visual Arts for Activism
JohnBob Carlos Episode 91
“You best promotion is to be involved”
- Shoots with a Nikon 7100
- Has images showcased at Everglades City Museum, Ft. Lauderdale History Museum, FIU (Florida International University, Miami), and the Deering Estate.
- Passionate about the Everglades ecosystems.
- Involved with several documentaries on sustainability and restoration of habitats.
- Enjoys spending days or even weeks at a time in the Everglades.
“I’m not there for the photo, I’m there to connect.”
“You can use your work, your art, your vision and media to get people to see things in a different way.”
How to Get Your Images Noticed
- Produce a lot of work.
- Participate in everything that speaks to your heart.
- Meet a lot of people – network.
- Donate photos for fundraisers.
- Ask if you can show your work at places you frequent.
“Get it out in front of the public. Show them that Florida is wild and beautiful and worth saving.”
Facebook: JohnBob Carlos
If you are enjoying the show, please leave us a review on our Youtube account, Facebook fan page or iTunes podcast account. Reviews really help us a lot!