What’s all the fuss about Lensball Photography? Andy Hornby joins us on the Understand Photography Show to give us tips and creative ideas on how to make stunning photographs with your glass ball.
- Either physically be close to the glass ball or zoom in. The ball will flip your image upside down and make it smaller.
- Your camera should be level to the ball. Don’t shoot down at it.
- Play around with your aperture (FStop) until you get a sharp image inside the ball and softer focus on the background.
- A long lens can compress the background and make it look closer.
- Find something big to use as your focal point.
- Or find something small and put the lensball right on to it for a creative look.
- Use a slow shutter and circle lights aound the lens ball for a very creative look.
Find Andy on social media: @AndyHornbyPhoto
I found Andy via Youtube. Here are the three videos that made me into an Andy Hornby fan:
Join our Facebook group for photo camaraderie: http://www.facebook.com/groups/understandphotography
Or our support group for helping photo-artists to sell their work: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sellyourphotography
If you need a strong foundation in photography concepts and how to apply them to YOUR camera, watch our free webinar: https://www.understandphotography.com/freewebinar
The Understand Photography Show is an interview-style podcast about travel, nature, and fine art photography. You are watching the behind-the-scenes interview with video. Host Peggy Farren interviews famous photographers, beginner photographers, specialty photographers, travel gurus, and more on this weekly show. It airs on Fridays on the Understand Photography Facebook page, Youtube, and iTunes.
The motto at Understand Photography is “We Simplify the Technical”. If you like things explained to you in a simple, step by step manner, you’ll love The Understand Photography Show!
We Need Your Help!
If you’re enjoying The Understand Photography Show and would like to help us continue to bring you interesting and educational content, please consider making a donation.
What you need to learn for a solid photography education. Watch our free video: