Art Marketing and Business Consultant Sara Mullins from Galleries On The Go
talks with Peggy about art leasing and other gallery opportunities
that bring local businesses and artists together.
*Please scroll to the bottom of the post for more images from our guest.*
Art Leasing – Getting Your Images Displayed
in High Traffic Spaces
with Sara Mullins of Galleries on the Go
“Art leasing programs are a great way to introduce artwork to business spaces without a big investment for the business.”
Galleries On The Go works with artists that create in a variety of media: photography, paint, multi-media, sculpture, and jewelry.
“We help you bridge the gap between family and friends
and the real market.”
- A subscription to service and display art at 8 high-traffic office buildings with permanent gallery spaces.
- Opportunities available for both businesses and artists.
- Artists enrolled in this service also receive critiques, a consultation of marketability, coaching on finding your niche market, and class recommendations, if needed.
- Businesses in the program receive an on-site consultation to determine:
– what will look good in their space (sizes, colors, subject matter)
– what will enhance their brand and help tell their story
- Displaying quality art in your business spaces:
– indicates stability of the business
– shows clients that you care about your space and your service
– can be used as a soft marketing tool to get clients into your space
– provides advertising for the artist
- Art is leased by size and a percentage of the total retail value.
- The art can be changed every 6 months, or there is an option to buy.
- Calculate at least $2 per square foot for art.
- The space needs to be large enough to show a minimum of 5 pieces.
- An exciting new app that uses near field communication and RFID technology.
- Similar to “tap and pay” apps that use chip technology.
- Stickers with the ability to link to video can be placed on or near the artwork.
- Patrons can quickly (2-3 seconds) download the app to their phone and be directed to a short video of the artist talking about that piece of art or telling their own story.
- This is a great way for the artist to market themselves without being present by giving patrons the opportunity to “meet the artist” through a short video.
- Patrons can also be directed from the app to your website.
- The app also has inventory and mapping capabilities for artists whose work is displayed in multiple locations.
- LAUNCHING MID to LATE OCTOBER!
Find out more at GalleriesontheGo.com
FREE Artist Registration
Listen to the Understand Photography Show on iTunes: https://tinyurl.com/y66g545vTo leave us a review (we’d REALLY appreciate it!), click on LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS, then OPEN IN iTUNES.
What you need to learn for a solid photography education. Watch our free video:
Everglades 4 Day Adventure
Jan 16-19, 2020
Everglades 4 Day Adventure
Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020
Florida’s Forgotten Coast
March 25-29, 2020
Ladies Luxury African Photo Safari and Tour
Sept. 19-30, 2020
Understand Photography is a member of the Amazon Associates Program.
I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you information about photography
Gear Recommendation of the Week
A Circular Polarizer creates contrast between blue sky and cloud for dramatic deep blue skies and cuts glare off reflected surfaces such as water. It rotates for different effects, is great for wide angle lenses with no vignetting. Non-reflective metal frame eliminates reflections. Metal, double threaded frame allows for additional filters or hoods.