Thanks for tuning into episode #63 of The Understand Photography Show!
Watch the video replay here " target="_blank">
The show is now available as a podcast on iTunes!! Please do us a HUGE favor and leave us a rating and review! We are trying to reach more photography enthusiasts on iTunes. Your help makes a huge difference!
To hear this episode as a podcast on Soundcloud, click here:
Four Weeks to Proficiency in Photography - The next interactive class begins January 10, 2018. Truly knowing photography is a great gift for yourself or someone in your life! You'll love the format of this class. Your instructor is live so you can ask questions as you go along. It's hands-on as you will change the settings of your camera as we go along, but you don't even have to leave your home!
Check out our free webinar video to learn about what you need to know and to experience Peggy's teaching style! https://understandphotography.leadpages.co/4-weeks-photography-education-video/
Episode 63 Touring Patagonia with Art David
About Art David
- Passionate hobbyist photographer
- Started taking pictures for high school yearbook, then college newspaper
- Winner 2016 Camera U.S.A. photo competition (national competition sponsored by the Naples Art Association)
- Active member of local DPI-SIG camera club (DPI-SIG.org)
Used part of $5k prize to take a photo tour of Patagonia
- Epic Destinations with Richard Bernabe (www.RichardBernabe.com/workshops/)
- 12 day tour of Patagonian landscapes in Argentina and Chile
- Los Glacieres National Park, Argentina and Torres del Paine National Park, Chile
- 12 photographers, tour leader, bus driver, and local guide
- Heavy-duty tripod
- DSLR (Nikon D800) and backup camera
- Took too many lenses. Most used - 20-70mm zoom with filters and 16-25mm zoom (permanent shade doesn’t allow for easy filter attachment)
- Hyperfocal distance - focus on something about 1/3 distance into the scene, the depth of field will extend both in front of and behind your point of focus
- Focus Stacking - 3 pics of same area, focus one on foreground, one on middle ground, one on background - stack in Photoshop
- Bracketing - merge images to create pic with creative lighting
- Keep aperture small (f/8 or f/11)
- Find something visually interesting in all levels (foreground, middle, and background)
Photo from this trip entered into photo contest on PhotoCrowd (viewer voting)
Naples Art Asscoiation
Camera U.S.A. 2018
deadline for submission 3/5/18
$28 entry fee
Professional Photographers Adapting to the Times
Florida Weekly: Getting the Picture
Florida Weekly: PHOTOGRAPHED
Florida Weekly: Free photowalk will focus on Instagram
Florida Weekly: Shooters can get skills in shape at photo boot camp
Florida Weekly: Photography Naples comes into focus
Welcome to Florida Weekly’s Best
Here come the brides, there go the gowns
Florida Weekly: Picture-perfect brides ‘Trash the Dress’ for photographers
Trash the Dress
Wedding Photographer Florida: Peggy Farren
Creative Back to School Photos
Live, Local Education in Florida on Super Monday - PPA Today
6 Tips to Help You Take the Perfect Photo or Video
Creating Picture Perfect Posts
Photo Opportunity: How To Start A Successful Photography Business
Post Your Comment Below
One of the most often questions we receive is "What type of camera should I buy?" Of course a lot depends on your budget and what you want to do with the camera. Watch this short video for Peggy's recommendation.Sign Up for Access
Enter your contact information to watch this short video for Peggy's recommendation!
Peggy Farren is an award winning, professional photographer, instructor, writer and speaker.
With over 17 years as a full-time professional photographer, Peggy offers photography training through her training center, “Understand Photography”.
This free report will help you choose the right cameras, lenses and accessories for your travels. You'll need different equipment depending on where you are going, your finances, and the weight of the gear. We'll show you how to determine the best equipment for your needs. Also included is a comprehensive list on what you'll need, some things you may not have heard before but you'll be so glad we let you know!
Many you've never heard before!