Thanks for tuning into episode 31 of The Understand Photography Show!
To watch the video replay now, visit us on YouTube:
To hear this episode as a podcast on Soundcloud, click here:
Here are the show notes for episode 31 of The Understand Photography Show:
Four Weeks to Proficiency in Photography - The next class begins May 2. Truly knowing photography is a great gift for yourself or someone in your life! Check out our free webinar video to learn about what you need to know and to experience Peggy's teaching style! https://understandphotography.leadpages.co/4-weeks-photography-education-video/
Diana Calleja is fairly new to photography, yet if you look at her pictures, you wouldn’t think that at all. She started out with a point and shoot and then worked her way up to a more professional camera. Diana then started to sell her work at art shows and became successful at it.
Here are some other things that we talked about in this episode:
· Really learn the bird’s behavior. You must know when they might fly off or do a little dance.
· If you are new to photography, join a camera club and meet new people. It is important to learn from others. It is crucial to listen and learn when starting.
"Shoot with both eyes open," -Diana Calleja
· The best time to for bird photography is to arrive 20 minutes before sunrise so you are ready at sunrise aka the “Golden Hour”. The lighting is soft until about an hour
or so after sunrise.
· Keep your shutter fast. Diana keeps her at least 1/1600.
· Learn to listen and identify the sounds different species of birds make.
"I go out every chance I get," -Diana Calleja
· Take A LOT of pictures, because you never know how many good shots you will get.
· Bring extra cards and batteries, plastic bags to protect your equipment, and good water shoes.
· If it is hot outside, make sure to bring a sweat rag so that you do not get sweat on your equipment.
"I'm doing what I love," -Diana Calleja
Contact Diana Calleja:
Professional Photographers Adapting to the Times
Florida Weekly: Getting the Picture
Florida Weekly: PHOTOGRAPHED
Florida Weekly: Free photowalk will focus on Instagram
Florida Weekly: Shooters can get skills in shape at photo boot camp
Florida Weekly: Photography Naples comes into focus
Welcome to Florida Weekly’s Best
Here come the brides, there go the gowns
Florida Weekly: Picture-perfect brides ‘Trash the Dress’ for photographers
Trash the Dress
Wedding Photographer Florida: Peggy Farren
Creative Back to School Photos
Live, Local Education in Florida on Super Monday - PPA Today
6 Tips to Help You Take the Perfect Photo or Video
Creating Picture Perfect Posts
Photo Opportunity: How To Start A Successful Photography Business
Post Your Comment Below
One of the most often questions we receive is "What type of camera should I buy?" Of course a lot depends on your budget and what you want to do with the camera. Watch this short video for Peggy's recommendation.Sign Up for Access
Enter your contact information to watch this short video for Peggy's recommendation!
Peggy Farren is an award winning, professional photographer, instructor, writer and speaker.
With over 17 years as a full-time professional photographer, Peggy offers photography training through her training center, “Understand Photography”.
This free report will help you choose the right cameras, lenses and accessories for your travels. You'll need different equipment depending on where you are going, your finances, and the weight of the gear. We'll show you how to determine the best equipment for your needs. Also included is a comprehensive list on what you'll need, some things you may not have heard before but you'll be so glad we let you know!
Many you've never heard before!