Thanks for tuning into episode 30 of The Understand Photography Show!
To watch the video replay now, visit us on YouTube:
To hear this episode as a podcast on Soundcloud, click here:
Here are the show notes for episode 30 of The Understand Photography Show:
Four Weeks to Proficiency in Photography - The next class begins May 2. Truly knowing photography is a great gift for yourself or someone in your life! Check out our free webinar video to learn about what you need to know and to experience Peggy's teaching style! https://understandphotography.leadpages.co/4-weeks-photography-education-video/
Ron Wyatt has been a professional sports and travel photographer for many years. He initially got into photography after taking pictures on his honeymoon, and finding out that most to all of them were out of focus! He decided he wanted to get into photography and learn how to take professional pictures. A local paper hired Wyatt after looking at some of his work. Little did he know that he would become a traveling photographer for the NBA.
"What makes me love my job are the people that I get to meet."
· Ron’s first shoot was for a giant NFL football game. He did so well that the NFL took him on as a traveling photographer. He would submit his photos to magazine companies and began to take pictures of college football and then for the NBA.
· Ron started his own photo tour company that go on trips all over the world. Their most recent trip was to Cuba. The trip was an absolute success! He loved the food, the photography and the scenery. He has been all over the world, but his favorite place of all was Cuba because of the amazing people he met. He has his travel pictures on his website and recommends everyone to take a look. He is planning another photo tour to Cuba. Check his website for more info.
"Look at it like cooking, you get their recipe, but you add your little pinch of salt, pinch of garlic, to make it your own work."
· One day Ron received a phone call while driving and was told to pull over. Little did he know that he would be asked to take pictures for the Olympics. Ron took pictures for the 2004 Summer Olympics and then again for the 2008 Summer Olympics. It was a real honor to meet and work with famous photographer Dave Black.
· Ron highly recommends using the back button focus. Back button focus tracks and focuses on moving objects. He says it’s as easy as just retraining your fingers to press different buttons. He teaches everyone that he has met about back button focus and encourages them to use it.
"If I was president of the United States, I would make it mandatory that everyone would have to visit a country outside of the United States."
· Another thing that Ron wants people to know, is how to support the camera properly. He says if your hand is on top of the lenses you are pushing the camera down, but if you are holding the camera from underneath, with your arms firmly at your sides, you’re basically a tripod. So now you can take sturdier pictures. It is also easier to do, you just have to train the muscles. (If you've ever taken a class with Peggy, think "Left hand underneath"!).
Professional Photographers Adapting to the Times
Florida Weekly: Getting the Picture
Florida Weekly: PHOTOGRAPHED
Florida Weekly: Free photowalk will focus on Instagram
Florida Weekly: Shooters can get skills in shape at photo boot camp
Florida Weekly: Photography Naples comes into focus
Welcome to Florida Weekly’s Best
Here come the brides, there go the gowns
Florida Weekly: Picture-perfect brides ‘Trash the Dress’ for photographers
Trash the Dress
Wedding Photographer Florida: Peggy Farren
Creative Back to School Photos
Live, Local Education in Florida on Super Monday - PPA Today
6 Tips to Help You Take the Perfect Photo or Video
Creating Picture Perfect Posts
Photo Opportunity: How To Start A Successful Photography Business
Post Your Comment Below
One of the most often questions we receive is "What type of camera should I buy?" Of course a lot depends on your budget and what you want to do with the camera. Watch this short video for Peggy's recommendation.Sign Up for Access
Enter your contact information to watch this short video for Peggy's recommendation!
Peggy Farren is an award winning, professional photographer, instructor, writer and speaker.
With over 17 years as a full-time professional photographer, Peggy offers photography training through her training center, “Understand Photography”.
This free report will help you choose the right cameras, lenses and accessories for your travels. You'll need different equipment depending on where you are going, your finances, and the weight of the gear. We'll show you how to determine the best equipment for your needs. Also included is a comprehensive list on what you'll need, some things you may not have heard before but you'll be so glad we let you know!
Many you've never heard before!